At Rome2rio, we’re busy helping people get from A to B around the globe. With over 100 million unique visitors each year, our multi-modal travel search and booking service is one of the top online travel resources used around the world.
A key component of our company philosophy is to provide outstanding 24-hour customer service and as such we are looking for a casual Customer Service Specialist based in Australia to provide weekend and public holiday customer support.
Here’s a brief overview:
Based in Australia (preferably AEST timezone), this role involves monitoring and responding to customer enquiries about travel bookings and general trip queries via email and social media.
To be successful, you must be a natural self-starter who enjoys providing quality customer care and thrives on getting the best results. It’s essential you have great attention to detail and are comfortable working pro-actively and independently.
What you’ll be doing:
- Monitor Rome2rio inbox from your device (mobile/tablet/laptop/desktop) between the agreed hours (typically 10am-6pm)during weekends and public holidays
- Respond to customer emails in a friendly and professional manner as soon as is reasonably possible.
- Use Rome2rio tools and systems to check customer booking details, advise on cancellation fees, and process refunds as appropriate.
- Proactively research customer queries when necessary. This may involve online research and/or calling the transport operators for more advice.
- Resolve customer complaints and, if necessary, escalate to our head office in Melbourne, Australia.
- Maintain our exceptionally high customer service record
Who we’re looking for:
- You possess excellent English communication skills
- You enjoy problem-solving and researching
- You are organised, composed and have a sound attention to detail
- You are genuinely passionate about going that extra mile to drive customer satisfaction.
- You understand the unpredictable nature of travel and can empathise with customer needs.
- You’re tech-savvy, preferably familiar with Gmail / Google Docs / Sheets / Microsoft Word / Excel.
- You have previous experience working in a similar customer service role and have worked with a Customer Support Helpdesk (such as Freshdesk or Zendesk), this is favourable, but not essential.
- Previous experience with Travel experience and knowledge will be regarded favourably.
- To be considered for this role you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or have full Australian working rights.
- Employment will be on a casual basis (contract) with a daily rate paid monthly into your PayPal account.
- Freedom to choose where you work (responding to emails from your phone/tablet/laptop).
- Support team available for training, feedback and questions.
- The opportunity to be a part of a highly regarded startup.
Note, this is a contract role that offers a daily rate based on your level of experience. It is suitable for a candidate with family responsibilities, or freelancers/small business operators looking for additional work.
To apply, simply send your CV and introduce yourself to Justin at firstname.lastname@example.org. It would be great if you can provide some background information about yourself, where you live, and why you’re interested in the role.